The Month That Was February 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010





I managed to read 7 books this month. One more that last month. I wish I could read more, but I don't have the time.

1. Midnight Angel by Lisa Marie Rice. This is a re-read. This is an old favorite of mine and I had been looking for a copy of it to complete my "Midnight" collection. At our So-Cal bloggers Lisabea gave one to me! Loved this book just as much as the first time I read it. Thanks Lisa!
4 1/2 Stars

2. Laid Bare by Lauren Dane. Loved this book. M/M/F and well written. Need I say more?
4 1/2 Stars

3. Remember Me by Laura Moore
4 Stars
4. My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth. This a reprint of an earlier work. Wendy told me at our So-Cal bloggers meet that it was really good, so I picked it up. Thanks, Wendy! I loved it! Loved the characters although, I couldn't understand the way some of them were acting until the very end of the book. This book had a shocker at the end ala Sixth Sense! Wow! No wonder it won a RITA. This is the best Ashworth book that I have read and my first five star book of the year.
5 Stars

5. Gossamer by Rebecca Hagan Lee. This is another Wendy recommendation. This book is about a white guy living in San Francisco in the 1870's. James Craig is one of the richest men in the world. He married his first wife while living in Hong Kong. Oh yeah, she is Chinese and he is white and it is 1870. It was a hard marriage for them both, even though they loved each other dearly. After he is widowed he moves to San Francisco to run his shipping business. He then starts adopting baby chinese girls who end up at his door step. As the book opens he is adopting his fourth. He calls them the "treasures" and he loves them more than anything. The subject matter in this book is near and dear to my heart because I adopted my own daughter from China. This book was hard for me to read for a variety of reasons but the hardest thing was the prejudiced people and the horrible names they called Chinese people. Even the heroine had her own prejudice at the beginning of her relationship with the "treasures".
3 Stars

6. Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole. Awesome as always.
4 Stars

7. Hard Lovin' Man by Lorraine Heath---Almost finished. I love Heath's voice and this contemporary is no exception.


2 comments:

Wendy February 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

You know, I wasn't thinking when I recommended Gossamer to you. I should have realized that the subject matter may hit you a bit differently - duh, Wendy.

I need to reread My Darling Caroline - it's been ages. But yeah, isn't it fabulous? I'm so glad Avon reprinted it, because the original is a bit hard to come by.

Lori March 1, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

I bought a Rebecca Hagan Lee on Wendy's rec, too. I haven't started it yet. Now 'm thinking I should move it up the list...

I read My Darling Caroline this month, too. Also enjoyed it :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP